• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problem with iMovie settings for high quality YouTube videos.

Reaction score
I've used iMovie before, but now I'm using the new iMovie HD.

However, now, when I export my videos and upload to youtube. the Videos come out REALLY BLURRY, even though when I play it on my computer, they look fine.

I've been searching online, on youtube, looking for the correct settings but they never seemed to work.

Hopefully someone here knows the correct settings so that the video isn't extremely blurry when uploaded onto youtube?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
The problem is not imovie, the problem is youtube - it compresses the mess out of your uploads, but if you are viewing the video on youtube, below the video is a link to view the same video in a higher quality clip and it is better - but to be honest I would stay clear of youtube and use one of the rival services eg vimeo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The new iMovie is iMovie 08, not iMovie HD.

Perhaps my Preparing Video for YouTube and iMovie Export Guide can help you figure out a formula. They are here.

As Del said, YouTube does a terrible job. All you can do is give it the best quality you can, and use that higher quality link when available. Or, use an alternative site like Vimeo.

OP
F
Reaction score
Oh ok, well, yeah I'm using iMovie HD.

thanks for the response, I'll see if it works

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.