Changing Icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Hey, everybody. I have changed my icons once or twice using Candy Bar (trial version, if that means anything) but have a question. How do I go about changing the icons back? I'm not exactly sure how to do it, and although I'm sure this is a dumb question (one I could probably have figured out after a while) I am still quite confused. Thanks in advance for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I am pretty sure you just drag the new icon off the window (top right) and the old one will be restored.

Reaction score
problem solved

right click on the folder you want to change the icon for .
click get info.
then just drag the new icon over the old and it should change automaticaly.

i hope this is simple enough to solve your problem

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mbfuller, I have done this, but only some of the icons have changed. Perhaps there is a place where I can download the default icon set. Do you know of anywhere I can do that? Thank you for your help, anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
No way I can tell. So what happens to the remaining custom icons when dragging them off of the top right pane?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
Before doing all the tedious replacing, try right clicking the icon > Get Info (or Command+I), then click on the small icon preview on the top left of the new open window, and hitting backspace (delete).

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it does. That didn't seem to work, either. However, I figured it out, and did it manually by clicking "get info" on the icon, selecting the icon's image and clicking return. That restored the icon. Thanks for all your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.