• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A poll if you will...

Reaction score
This is actually more of a poll if you will. For those here awaiting the new macbooks and or macbook pros who here will sell or get rid of a macbook or macbook pro that has been bought within the past year just to get there hands on a new one?

I know I will get a alot of people who say it depends on whats inside of them etc. This is just a simple "I will" or "I wont" answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
There is a possibility. I cannot say for sure until Tuesday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
I won't. I think I am safe as I don't expect a big upgrade of the air, which I have.

I just bought it last week. I was thinking of waiting for the new ones to arrive but the air was just too good to pass up, plus I brought one used for a very good price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
It all depends

You know what? I will. Tonight while I'm dreaming. xD No, really, I'm with Spork, I have no money for that. If I did, though I probably would. Here's the thing... This is really a dumb question to ask as a "yes or no" straight answer. It all depends. If you need a notebook soon, then yes, I imagine that person would. But if Someone (namely me) has a Macbook from earlier this year, and that person is really happy with it, then I would imagine they would not. There's my rant, all done... for now, anyway.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I definitely won't -- I'm more than perfectly happy with my current MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
As I already said in another rather similar thread ;) I always prefer the last top spec model of a generation, good, solid and well tested.

As opposed to the flashy new mac portable everyone's oooooh-ing at which will usually be plagued with hardware issues and replaced with another revision 3 months down the line ;)

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
MY MBP is nearly two years old and does alright by anyone standards but it has a X1600 and I really want a newer graphics card. I am going to look at the new designs and if they go the way of the MacBook Air I will be buying a new old model ASAP from a retailer at a reduced price. As Mick aka mentioned, Old is sometime better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I might.

It depends, would it be possible to refund my MacBook it's in perfect condition? It's still under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I was going to pick up a new MBP this christmas anyway, so yeah I will, regardless of what is announced (but my MBP is over 2 years old now, one of the originals with a X1600). This way I can give my father this MBP and he will finally be on a Mac and I can finally stop having to drive almost three freaking hours every 2 months to fix his stupid dell.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I've had my MBP since 2006 and have no inclination to change it until it drops dead on me. I like to kid myself that I need the latest model but I really don't... unfortunately...

jah

Reaction score
my current mbp works fine for what i use it for. i am buying a linux eee-pc tho. i like the form factor and price of this micro portable.

i walk into an apple store and anymore just no excitement, my bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.