iBook and an external display

H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

Ok I'm looking to get a 17" or 19" lcd monitor to have at my house to hook my iBook up to when I want to work at my desk.

Can the iBook work with a DVI LCD display??? I know i'd need the adapter but other then that will it work???

Also are there any lcd displays out there you reccomend??? I'm not looking to spend 1000 bucks or anything but I want something that will look pretty much the same as my iBooks display.

thanks

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

i have the ati radeon 9200 32mb card. Its the best and only one they offer with the newer iBooks right now.

Yeah I think I'll try to find a 17" apple studio display....

thanks

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

yeah i just look at the site and I saw dvi to vga but i need vga to dvi which it doesn't seem to have.

guess I'll have to look for just an lcd screen then.

any reccomendations on brand??? or even model number of a lcd display you've used????

OP
C

code777

interested as well - at this time I use an old DELL CRT 17" when I'm doing extensive typing or spread sheets. Plus the colors look better on the CRT and it "seems" more sharper but I'd love to get an LCD 17"

I thought you could NOT go above a 17" screen???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
code777 said:
interested as well - at this time I use an old DELL CRT 17" when I'm doing extensive typing or spread sheets. Plus the colors look better on the CRT and it "seems" more sharper but I'd love to get an LCD 17"

I thought you could NOT go above a 17" screen???
You can get any size screen but the iBook's graphics card might not be able to support the monitors native resolution

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

well I got a 19" LCD NEC monitor. It looks amazing. the only way to get it to go into the 1280x1024 native resolution of the monitor is to use the spanning dr. hack and then it allows you to do it :D

just in case anyone wanted to know.

OP
M

Mark

Any link to spanning dr. hack? I just got a Viewsonic 19" LCD and would love to use it on my Ibook in 1280x1024 also...

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Google is useful..

'ibook screen spanning hack' it is the first entry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.