Software to cut/edit music.

Reaction score
So far, I'm really please from the perfomance of every software I used on my Mac, from Photoshop to Illustrator and Cinema 4D.

However, I do touch up music a little bit and I had a great time with Sony Vegas, wich is only available on Windows.

My question is, is there any program that let you cut and edit music easily as Vegas? (I only had to select the right section, copy and paste to a new layer, add a fade-in and a fade-out and I was done!)

Thanks alot!

M-O

Note : I tried to edit a song with Garage Band and Logic Pro but it's WAY too complex =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I use Audacity to do simply sound edits. Never had a problem with it.

Reaction score
Amadeus does the job very well for that type of thing. It has many good features that let you do lots of things to music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'll chip in belatedly with Quicktime (Pro). I do quite a lot of sound editing with it, things like taking out the annoying applause just as a singer or other performer gets going with a well-recognised number; or the long applause, whistling, etc at the end of a number.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.