Looking for a good open ended rpg

Reaction score
Hi all.

Well after playing world of warcraft for over a year I have finally decided to quit as all of my friends have quit as well. The thing is that I really do not wish to get into another MMORPG as the cost is just not worth it.

So I am wondering if there are any really good and really large MMORPG's out there that do not need an internet connection to play, perhaps like Fate for windows? I have an Intel macbook 13"

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You might want to wait longer than an hour or two for a response ;)

Isn't guild wars MMORGP but without a monthly fee?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the elder scrolls: oblivion is a vast single player RPG that plays like an mmorpg, but if completely offline. not sure if there is a mac version, but if you have bootcamp, it might work, though it may be too taxing for a macbook. works great on my ps3 though ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Though not really "open-ended" so much, the original Neverwinter Nights has thousands of modules that people have created for a ridiculous amount of content. I don't know about NWN2 as I haven't gotten into it much yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
You do know what MMORPG stands for don't you?

Try Oblivion!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
i would try oblivion, it works amazing on my new Late 2008 macbook. granted around the grass it lags but other than that it works just as it should. I have the settings on Ultra High. Hope you find one!

happy gaming!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz Late 2008 Edition
Try the Geneforge series.

Even though it looks like the graphics wouldn't have even be good 5 years ago, the gameplay is great.

Oh, and there's 5 of them, of which I just finished up.

Reaction score
very useful information as i never knew it i will definitely try it thanks for such a useful recourse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.