ical sucks.. anything better and more versitile?

Reaction score
I either can not figure out how to make ical work how I want, which is doubtful or it is just lame. So I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a really awesome calender program so you can litterally plan out every hour of your week.

Thanks,
chaM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well perhaps you could list some of your complaints with iCal so we can figure out what you're looking for...

Have you checked out Google Calendar? It has some pretty nice features (free SMS reminders are awesome!)

OP
chaM
Reaction score
Meh, I played with it more and it will do, had an idea that hopefully someone can help me accomplish. For reminders, I have it set to whatever I want for it to remind me pre the time of the even. But I saw there was a run script option, can someone tell me how to make a script that would send me a text message on my phone as a reminder as well. Via ichat, aim; to say like "Reminder from ical, Event Name - Time - Location"

Thanks, would be f*cking sick to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ummm it's built right on in. At least if you can send to your phone via email (which mine does just fine)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You could sync iCal to Google calendar and use Google's free SMS notification service...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.