If new Macbooks are unveiled Tuesday...

Reaction score
When can they be expected to be in stores? Vista doesn't work well with my universitys course pages, and I keep getting booted off during quizzes and stuff, so I really need to get a Macbook. But I hate to buy one today when in 4 days I could get one of the new ones and maybe save me some money!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB
It's usually the same day or the next. Sometimes though it could be a few days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Yeah, with the announcement now official, I would definitely wait the few extra days for a new one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
Yeah, with the announcement now official, I would definitely wait the few extra days for a new one!

Awesome. Where did you find the information that it was official?

Reaction score
They sent out invitations to an event (which is being held this coming tuesday) with the message "The spotlight turns to notebooks."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
When can they be expected to be in stores? Vista doesn't work well with my universitys course pages, and I keep getting booted off during quizzes and stuff, so I really need to get a Macbook. But I hate to buy one today when in 4 days I could get one of the new ones and maybe save me some money!

I'd just buy one today if I was you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

That's less likely the fault of the OS and more likely a settings, browser or security issue.

OP
A
Reaction score
That's less likely the fault of the OS and more likely a settings, browser or security issue.
I thought so too, but I talked to a few people and they've had the same problem. I took it to a computer store and they checked it out and said it was fine, and couldn't figure out what the problem was.
I guess school my colleges page is just buggy, but it just doesn't mix well with Vista, and I really don't want to chance it with taking another quiz and losing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try using Firefox or Safari for windows in the mean time?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.