• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

does Star Wars Empire At War work on my machine?

Reaction score
I have a eMac 10.4.11 I have 768 MB my Processor is 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4. I'll post more info on my comp later but I have to go to bed now.:Sleeping:

P.S. I'm asking because I downloaded the demo(from macgamefiles.com) onto my computer and it said when I tried to start up the game that it didn't run on my system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
According to the requirements, it's coded for Intel-based Macs, not PowerPC.

System Requirements

* Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later
* 1.83Hz Intel processor (2GHz recommended)
* 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
* 64MB video RAM (256MB recommended)
* 3.5GB hard disk space; DVD drive
* Internet multiplayer requires broadband connection

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok so it wont work? can i bring my computer to the store and change that or do i need a new computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Unfortunately, it won't run on PPC architecture.. It's mean for Intel-only.

The only way to fix this is to buy a newer Mac. It sucks, I know, I'm in the same boat. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.