iPhoto

Reaction score
So i just upgraded to Leopard last night only to find there is no iPhoto with os package?

I was previously running 10.4 which had iphoto with it and a few extras apps that have also dissapeared - iMovie (useless) Garageband (useful). Anyway, how can i get these back? I have my original install discs for both 10.4 and 10.5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you do an Erase and Install? If so, that would explain where all of your apps went as the iLife package (iPhoto, iDVD, Garageband, etc.) is not a part of the OS.

If you did do the above, then what you need to do is pop in your 10.4 restore discs and install iLife to get those apps back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
No, leopard has all the apps...
You just need to reinsert your leopard dvd 1 & then select optional install or other options!! No offense but one should always atleast look at the different content available on the DVD media without saying it does not have what you need!!
It hasn't installed the application by default because when the leopard DVD analysis your computer for what is already installed, it can see you already installed apps, but it deletes them without reinstalling them until the operating system us upgraded. So all you need to do is just reinsert your leopard DVD & look at the available options you have!!!
Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
iLife is included on leopard, so no need to reinstall apps from 10.4

testing

Reaction score
The Ilife suite is only included in Leopard if purchased with a Imac or Ibook etc. If Leopard is purchased seperately you have to purchase the Ilife suite

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.