Slow Computer

Reaction score
I have a macbook that I bought 2 years ago, but I have a problem with it; it's too slow!
Anytime I am surfing the internet with multiple tabs or applications open its slow and you can hardly play mmorpgs and any other mac games(except chess etc.) without it lagging severely and sometimes refusing to load at all. This is a serious problem, I'm a noob at tech, and was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
The MacBook has a very very bad graphics card so that is why mmorpgs are running badly. But it doesn't the internet. Have you changed anything recently? How much ram do you have?

OP
R
Reaction score
Re

The MacBook has a very very bad graphics card so that is why mmorpgs are running badly. But it doesn't the internet. Have you changed anything recently? How much ram do you have?

Oh so i should try a better graphics card? I havent done much with it lately, though I did install leopard a while back. I'm not sure where to find the ram info, but if its in "About This Mac" "folder", the comp says it has 512 MB.
Thank you for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You can't upgrade the graphics card, it is soldered onto the logic board. And you NEED to get more RAM. 512 is far too little RAM for Leopard, or even Tiger for that matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.