Designing with GIMP

Reaction score
Ok, I made my site layout with GIMP. And I heard somewhere that you can make it into a real web design...
So basically how do you (For free) convert my "Design" into html? (Or xhtml?)
I'm willing to put some work into it.

Also, I'm sorta a beginner with graphics, but for my age (13) I'm not bad at it.
If my dad let me make a domain name, do you think that there's many people who actually pay for graphics? I know it's obviously a small goal, but if I made $50 a year that would pay for the hosting.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
Firstly, use XHTML. You can check any XHTML and CSS code you make against the W3C validators here.

You need to cut the images out. I have used GIMP a little and the best way is to use the marquee tool. Zoom right in, click and drag. Copy what you have selected, create a new canvas the size of the selected area and paste. Save, you have your image.

As for converting it to a real web page i suggest you look at some (X)HTML & CSS tutorials to get you started.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks! :)
Finally 60 views and someone answers. :Smirk:
Sorry if my question was a little mixed up...
I'm terrible with describing things.. :Evil:

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hummm.....well do u have Dreamweaver? If you did you can just slice your layout and put everything in there in div tags.

You can do it without Dreamweaver too but it's kind of a hassle coding it and then previewing it to make sure everything is aligned correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
It might be harder to code it manually but I would really recommend doing it that way round to get a better understanding of how all the code fits together and interacts.

I've found that any drag and drop tools, techniques and applications only make life more troublesome when creating XHTML & CSS web pages.

OP
C
Reaction score
I guess I'll try both and see what's right for me.
Is dreamweaver free or 30 day trial or something?
Thanks,
Cyrilshark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.