Plain text email clients?

Reaction score
Can anybody point me in the direction of a plain text email client? I'm basically looking for something like Mailsmith, but the sticking point is that we're using an Exchange Server - which isn't supported by Mailsmith.

Anybody know of another that will give me what I need?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Exchange Server is not plain-text friendly. It automatically converts every incoming plain-text message to HTML before delivering it to the client.

Yes, read that again.

Maybe the Exchange admin can disable this conversion, but somehow, I doubt it.

You can compose in plain text, using Entourage or any other client.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PowerMac Dual 2.3 GHz 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Os X 10.4.11
Now THAT is interesting... why on earth would it compose in plain text and convert to HTML??

Anyway, I had always used Mail.app, and ran into problems with Exchange Server at my office. I recently switched to Entourage and have had 100% no problems with Exchange Server. I do compose in plain text, when it pops up that way - it depends on how the email was sent to me (when I reply), in plain text or HTML....

Jon

OP
L
Reaction score
Plain-text email

Yeah, I've found all sorts of ways to compose in plain text. Reverse engineering it the other way seems to be the sticking point. Basically, I'm looking for a way to test email list mailings that go to text-only clients, without having to get a separate email account through another provider just for that.

Suffice to say, the endeavor has made me less a fan of Exchange Server than I already was. :Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.