Random problems with Macbook booting

Reaction score
Hi, couple weeks ago I began experiencing problems with booting my Macbook. I could hear the chime sound, then appeared the spinning wheel sign and after 10-12 seconds since I'd pressed the power button the screen went dark and then I had to press the power button again and then again to turn it on.

Every time it happens after the second boot I don't have any problems at all, I can work 7-8 hours with no problems unless I put my Macbook into sleep - if I do it happens again.

I tried to turn off Airport before shutting down, I thought perhaps it may cause this problem, and it helped me several times but since it hasn't solved the problem entirely now I don't think that the wifi card maybe the reason. I have S.M.A.R.T running with 30 mins interval check so I'm sure it's not a HD, which I actually changed 6 months ago.

I made Archive & Install couple times and I did have the same problem without having any updates (10.5.2 and up) being installed so I believe the software is not the reason as well, or at least not entirely. I'm attaching the system.log file to give you the full picture of what's going on as I hope there is somebody who knows what message in this system log mean.

I would really appreciate if somebody may point me out - what does go wrong with my boot process.

View attachment system_log.txt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.