Invalid B-Tree Node Size

Reaction score
I have a MacBook which came up with a flashing folder with a question mark last night when I started it.

I went into disk utility and located my HD after starting the MacBook using the Install CD. However the HD: Disk0s2 was grayed out. I tried repairing the disk but every time I did this, I got a message saying "Invalid B-Tree Node Size". I also tried running fsck as a single user on the drive and got the same message. Now when I go into disk utility, I don't even see my drive anymore. The only thing I see there is the OS X Install Disc.

I don't have any backups of my drive.

I've also read that disk warrior may be an option. However, before I went down that route, I wanted to find out if there are any suggestions at all.

I would very much appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
How old is that macbook?

You basically have a corrupt disk structure (the disk it self is likely fine but the information about the data structure has gone.

You will need a boot up disk with disc warrior on it to attempt to rescue that disk, unless you have access to another mac

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the response louishen.

The MacBook is only a year old.

I do have a MacBook Pro. How would I go about using the MacBook Pro to rescue my MacBook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.