Belkin Wireless Pre-N router for condo network?

I

IChing

Being a proud new mac convert with a new airport express
my neighboors seeing what the mac can do are impressed, I walked outside to my neighbors door with my PB and we were still on-line

Our condo area just got cable modemn high speed internet and I think we can set up a local network with this item because of the range(belkin)
I have a surfboard 4200 motorola modemn, and also just purchased
VOip phone service from packet8 so I want to use this also for my home use,(airport express doesn't allow another ethernet cable, so I need a router). I also have a hp 2.4hz pc which maybe I can use as a server. All of my neighbors are PC and Pc ignorant
I am the local techie per say.(which isn't saying much)
Most of the neighboors are aol dial up so changing their accounts is another thought. I have cable modemn from comcast which allows 5 new e-mail slots which about the number of neighbors which will come in on this.
Also since it is 2.4 megahz as most cordless phones are is there a problem with this, airport express doesn't like that either.

I don't want to wait for N to get formalized, two years. Sooo

any thoughts or suggestions would be appriciated.

Love the new mini mac for mini me.
peace

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.