• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Confused yet again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Many of you fellow Mac users have read my posts about the living situation I've been experiencing here in Florida. The good news is things have gotten significantly better here since I took over the "custodial" job of maintaining the house. (It's 2:32 AM, I apologize if this seems a little incoherent.)

However even if you are unfamiliar with my situation, all you need to know is things are pretty decent here right now. So just when I was about to finalize my plans of moving back up north to Rhode Island, a huge wrench was thrown into the gears, grinding them to a screeching halt. I will paraphrase the events that transpired Monday to keep your eyes from bleeding.

1. I have an applied ethics teacher that constantly busts my chops for no reason. (I don't even say anything in the class. I'm a "good little boy" and I behave.)

2. After sending the teacher three (3) emails in the past two weeks explaining I had pneumonia and I was unable to attend classes and I would bring in a Dr.'s note saying I was medically unable to attend classes, it wasn't good enough for my teacher to let me make up the exam I missed on Wed. (We only have 3 exams. Do the math, I'd have to get two 100s on the last 2 tests and I'd still only get a D.)

3. The dean said the teacher's syllabus clearly states you have to email her before the test date and regardless of the fact I have three emails saying I emailed her (You're gonna love this.) , I could've changed the dates on the emails. Nice huh.

4. My mother was her old self, being completely unsympathetic saying I needed to "Grow up and shut up in class" and "Just get the grade." Funny. Kinda hard to "Get the grade" when you're not allowed to.

5. She wants the $250 for the class (since I dropped it) before Christmas. Funny, how am I supposed to drive up there? It's going to cost me $800. Remember I drive a Jaguar that runs on 93 octane.

So its not even the class,the teacher or the dean I'm gripping about. There's jerks everywhere that are not going to like me regardless of how nice I am to them. I accept that and I've long moved on from that. I can just transfer my Intro. to Theatre credits from my college in Rhode Island to fufil the credits from the class. It's the fact my mother reverted back to her old, uncaring, sympathetic self that has me strongly contemplating whether or not I should move back up there.

Let me put it to you this way, while I was growing up, my mother was extremely domineering,uncaring, inconsiderate, verbally/physically abusive to me and abandoned me at 14, and a few months ago she said she "changed." and she would never revert back to those ways. (She wasn't physically/verbally abusive to me when I last lived there [she moved back in 2006.] but she was everything else. Oh...She didn't abandon me either lol.) However this sends up red flags everywhere. Look I'm not looking for an "Aw, I'm sorry Jaguar." speech, but to say "I'm sure it was your fault. You probably said something to her to anger the teacher so I want the $250 before Christmas." makes me wonder if I'm making a huge mistake. Oh and the reason why I haven't moved out and live on my own yet is because I have numerous health conditions (I need at least 10 hours of sleep a night.) which make the possibility of working and going to college at the same time impossible. (Less than 10 hours of sleep at night makes my digestive system and brain go haywire.)

I mean I'm on the phone with my mom that night and she's completely stone cold towards me. Instead of at least TRYING to understand me, she informed me she would "Call me back in a few days to discuss some rules I will have to abide by WHEN I return." Once again please don't look at this story literally, look at it from impressions,vibes, signals and logic. Should I just stick it out down here? Because I'm DEFINITELY getting bad vibes about living back up there.

The good news is I'm obsessed with my 400MHz powerbook. I missed the nice powerbook 15" screen. It's great when you're writing things like this and not having to fight against the ultra-mega high glossy macbook screen!:Angry-Tongue:

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why not just send her the check in the mail instead of driving to her house to return the 250 dollars?

They can't check the date that the person receives the e-mail?

I don't believe in e-mailing the Prof. They rarely respond and totally blow you off. You need to be all up in their face all the time for them to get around to do anything.

As for your other problems...all I can say is meh. Either live with your dad and his g/f and deal the drama...or move in with your mom who sounds like a cold hearted [insert here] person. >_<"

Regarding the glossy screen of the MB. I don't ever notice that it's glossy at all unless the light hits it a certain way. Most of the time it looks just normal.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Crimson, I was moving up there lol...I was going to pay her back when I got my feet on the ground up there. It would be hard to send her money now as I was saving up to drive back there. My point about the money is its completely asinine after I am obviously disconcerted about what has transpired about my class.

I emailed the prof. because I thought there would at least be concrete evidence that I made the attempt to contact her instead of leaving a voicemail.

Yeah the drama is at least tolerable down here instead of living with a cold hearted [WONDERFUL lol] person.

I live in Florida, the sunshine state. Light is always hitting the MB which is highly annoying when I'm trying to type lol...

Reaction score
If it's 2:32 AM, and you need 10 hours of sleep every night.

the question is: Are you human or a Vampire?

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Black MacBook
i only read the beginning about missing the exam and your professor not letting you make it up.

Thats complete bull.

Usually professors are cool about stuff like that.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
"...Yeah the drama is at least tolerable down here instead of living with a cold hearted [WONDERFUL lol] person."

Ha Ha very funny.

xj6jaguar1985 said:
"I live in Florida, the sunshine state. Light is always hitting the MB which is highly annoying when I'm trying to type lol..."

I'm in SoCal and it's also always sunny here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.