How to print multiple images on one page through iPhoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
So yeah, looking to print multiple images (all 4"x6") on one photo sheet. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It may not be possible through iPhoto (though I stand to be corrected by any iPhoto expert who knows how - it is not obvious to me how to get iPhoto to do this).

However, if you get any image editing package that supports layers, you can arrange each photo on a separate layer and then drag them into place such that they collectively fill up one side of paper, and then print that. GIMP is a good free program that can do this sort of thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
This is for a contact sheet. I don't think that this is what the original poster was asking about.

I realize that, but it may be adaptable.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Nah, I was trying to arrange several photos on one page to print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you mean in a very particular order, or just to save paper? If the size has to be exactly 4x6 then I doubt the contact sheet will work.

Maybe Posterino is what you are looking for.

You might be able to set the printer layout to print more than one page one a real page. I don't have time right now to fiddle with that.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but this is how I have printed multiple different images in iPhoto;

-Select (command + click or click + drag) the images you wish to print and click print
-Select 'standard' as the theme
-Over on the bottom right of the printing box you have an option 'paper size', so select your paper size.
-below that there is an option 'print size', there you can select 6x4 or whatever you want, this is for your actual photo size.
-iPhoto will automatically fit as many photos of that size as it can onto your paper size.
-when you click 'print' again, it will take you to your print/quality settings where you can adjust them before you really 'print'.

HTH :)

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Thanks, I will have to try that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but this is how I have printed multiple different images in iPhoto;

-Select (command + click or click + drag) the images you wish to print and click print
-Select 'standard' as the theme
-Over on the bottom right of the printing box you have an option 'paper size', so select your paper size.
-below that there is an option 'print size', there you can select 6x4 or whatever you want, this is for your actual photo size.
-iPhoto will automatically fit as many photos of that size as it can onto your paper size.
-when you click 'print' again, it will take you to your print/quality settings where you can adjust them before you really 'print'.

RozzieJ - Brilliant! You would not believe the lengths I have been going to achieve this. Thanks too to OP for the question.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
SUCCESS!!! Thanks again!

Reaction score
No worries, glad I could be of some help after all the help I have gotten from this site!

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.