>> Xtorrent <<

Reaction score
I ve been using Xtorrent for quite a while. What am looking for is a FORUM of this friggin software. I have some questions and there is no FORUM! Anybody using this application and knows something about it ?

Problem is, i ve been using it for a while and it was just fine , but since i moved to the university halls, my download speeds suck. Is not the university network since many people i know get good speeds with other applications.
And am no expert on torrents and i dont know if i need to put another port or something.
Any expert out there able to help ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I don't think it's Xtorrent.

Were you downloading different torrents lately, maybe they had a bad host, file or file size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I ve been using Xtorrent for quite a while. What am looking for is a FORUM of this friggin software. I have some questions and there is no FORUM! Anybody using this application and knows something about it ?

Problem is, i ve been using it for a while and it was just fine , but since i moved to the university halls, my download speeds suck. Is not the university network since many people i know get good speeds with other applications.
And am no expert on torrents and i dont know if i need to put another port or something.
Any expert out there able to help ?

Perhaps your university has throttled/blocked downloading torrents? Wouldn't surprise me. You need to have your port forwarded to get decent download speeds and when you are a university network, I doubt if they have any open ports for downloading stuff.

OP
D
Reaction score
Is not the actual files that have the problem , because i had that last year aswell. And as i mentioned some people i know, use torrent applications, on windows tho, and they get decent speeds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try a different client then?

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok so i got transmission. It says port is closed in preferences. I know
i may find the answer in transmission forums , but its all chinese to me .
The port forwarding, NAT and bla bla bla . I tried to work this out in the past but i couldnt figure it out.
What the simplest solution i can do?

OP
D
Reaction score
Weird but i got a torrent and its speed are very good :D
Although the port is closed :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.