noobie with iTunes questions

Reaction score
I don't knwo if this is the exac tplace that I should be posting this question but...

I have been ripping my cd collection to my new MB hard drive and I have noticed that two of the cd's that I have ripped are multiple artist CD's ... 1 of them is a Christmas CD with multiple artists and one is a BlueGrass greatest hits cd with multiple artists and both of these cd's show up in coverflow like 8 times ... and this is driving me nuts... I have searched the internet and the iTunes help and I have not found a solution...

Does anyone have anyideas??? This is my first Mac ever and I completley love it... but this is bothering me, please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Select all the tracks.
Get Info.
Change to compilation
Make sure all settings are the same.
If no cover art then paste in cover art.
It will warn you about changing multiple items, thats ok.
Basically you need to select all tracks and then make the items that are universal the same (Album Name, Year, Cover, Genre etc.)
Not at home at the moment, so can't tell you exactly what to do...stuck at work on XP !!!!.

OP
Z
Reaction score
OOOOOH THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

That was driving me nuckin futz! Your solution worked perfectly well! I ended up with 3 compilation cd's so before i did what you said my coverflow scroll through was HUGE and useless because every 3rd album cover was a repeat, now it is as beautiful as it was intended to be!

1 more question, for albums that itunes didnt find an album cover is there an easy way to add an album cover? If I can find the cover on google images or some way how would I go about adding it?

-- edit --

NVM about the album art, I just figured out how to do it!

Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.