iphone help will not connect to computer or make calls

Reaction score
hey people
thanks for looking i need some help
i think i got screwed i bought an iphone and i think its broken
the phone turns on all the features work including wifi
the only 2 things it will not do it read any att sim card except the one it came with (not sure where it came from)
and also it will not connect with my computer or any other computer. itunes cannot recognize it and it shows up at unknown device in the usb port.
please help me any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Turn off the iPhone. Hold the Home AND Power button for 10 seconds EXACTLY. Then let go of the Power button and CONTINUE TO HOLD THE HOME BUTTON for 10 seconds. This should get your phone into recovery mode, and you can restore through iTunes from there.

The SIM card issue is because the iPhone was activated with that SIM, and must be used with THAT sim. You can bypass this by running QuickPwn, and unlocking the phone. Assuming you have the older iPhone, once you complete the procedure, just pop in the new SIM card, and your services should be running. Remember a DATA plan is required to use internet on the new SIM card, without accuring internet fees.

~JosephA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.