HP Laserjet 1312NFI won't scan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PPC G5 OSX 10.4.11 5GB RAM
Hi
I have recently purchased this printer also. I run a MAC Pro Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 on OSX Tiger 10.4.11. My issues is that I can launch HP Director, which is fine. Then I try and launch 'Scan', 'Email', 'Fax' or 'Scan to Folder', they all unexpectedly quit. HP Director doesn't quit, just these other applications. From HP Director, I can launch 'Photo', 'Maintain Device', 'Remove Device' and 'User Guide'. I have spoken to HP Heldesk and downloaded the latest Drivers and Firmware, but this didn't solve the problem. HP tried the same setup from the Helpdest office and they say it worked OK. Next they tell me it's a MAC OS software conflict and I should get a MAC expert to try and sort the conflict. I can print and I can operate faxes from the printer. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Hey Greg, is your iMac wired or wireless for printing etc?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PPC G5 OSX 10.4.11 5GB RAM
I have the printer connected via USB because I have my HP 4MV connected through the Ethernet cable as this is too old to be USB connected. I do run a wireless network as well. This is through the Airport Extreme Base Station to a Linksys ADSL Router for internet and email access. I have a G4 MAC in another room which runs an Epson C65 inkjet printer and my iTunes for the home stereo, which is also wireless to an Airport Express. All these work absolutely fine. Cheers, Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.