Finally bought my first Mac

Reaction score
I finally made the plunge from PC to Mac and I love it! I bought the 24" 2.8 GHz iMac. I don't know how I put up with the PC for the last 10 years. I am still getting used to it, like trying to figure out if there is a cut function, but it is awesome. I upgraded it to the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 video card and can't wait to play games on it. I am going to install Windows today through boot camp, from my research boot camp seems to be the best option for playing Windows games, and pray that everything will work smoothly. I am sure I will be back very soon with questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Reaction score
Windows indeed is better for gaming. However, pretty much everything else is better accomplished on a mac, especially web surfing. The mac is the ultimate internet machine, because it's safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Congrats :)

Enjoy your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Congratulations! Have fun with your new toy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
You're going to love it, enjoy :)

Reaction score
i dont think get a mac is a plunge. i just ordered my first macbook aswell,but will be here tomoz or the next day. so exciting,although since it was my first mac i just bought the cheaper whitebook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
When I ordered my first macbook it was a base model so that If I didnt like it, I wouldnt be out too much money. Ha funny story too, I should have bought a 17 in Macbook pro because I love mac. Never going back. If anyone is not too sure about the switch... Just Do IT. Its worth every dime and saves your life. Lot less stress;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I had a similar thing, I brought the cheapest possible the basic mac mini. But there amazing!!

Reaction score
Congrats!

I bought my first Mac, too. Actually 2 of them .. an imac and a macbook pro. 8) Arriving tomorrow!

I posted a similar question on the video section. Would I be able to install/use my copy of Final Cut Studio 2 on both of my macs or would I be limited to one install only?

If so, I might get express instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
congrats and welcome to the Mac World!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Congrats. I started out on a G4 and moved to a MacBook. This is now my one and only machine. The Mac paradigm is really the way to go.

Reaction score
All us mac users are free of Internetly transmitted diseases. Congratulations on your decision to practice safe browsing. And, yeah, macs are awsome.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I want to correct what I said earlier, it wasn't a plunge from PC to Mac but an upgrade! Two weeks in with my iMac and I love it more and more each day. Getting use to the interface hasn't been too hard since there are so many tutorials on this site alone. Playing with my iMac has made it hard to work with a PC at work. Well not hard but lame. Thanks again everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
All us mac users are free of Internetly transmitted diseases. Congratulations on your decision to practice safe browsing. And, yeah, macs are awsome.

Dude! That is awesome. Ha, I should start telling my friends that their PC's are sick Players, Going around all over the internet and getting wierd and funky diesease's.

Hah!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2 GHZ, Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 80GB Internal HD, 500GB External
Congrats on the iMac

Welcomes once again to the Mac Community

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.