File path "Save As" Dialog box

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to mac. Using Onyx I changed a setting so that I can see the full file path at the top of Finder window. However, the file path does not show in the "Save As" dialog boxes in the applications. Is there a setting which can be tweaked to see the full file path so that I am sure about which folder I am saving the file to.

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
You can determine the full path in this manner: make sure the full 'Save As' dialog is shown by clicking on the disclosure triangle next to the file naming text box. In that mode, if you click on the folder pull-down menu, it will show the path via a reverse order of the folders. Hope I've been clear enough.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks very much ron4mac. That is great. I had looked at that thing before but did not think that it was the path. I thought they were just some links to folders which I could quickly go to.

Thanks again for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.