iMac vs Dreamweaver CS3

Reaction score
Hi, writing in hope that some of you experienced something similar with their iMacs. I work mainly with Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign and Dreamweaver. My iMac (20") has not been upgraded since i bought it(still running on 1G).
Both PS, Illustrator work ok, inDesign - freezes my computer a little bit every now and then - actually quite a bit when I think of that but I don't use it that often. It's the Dreamweaver that kills it.
Simplest things like clicking on the image to select it or grabbing the handle of a scroll bar to, well - scroll up or down the page take about 10 - 15 seconds before computer acknowledges the command. Working in the code view speeds things up but not for me, unfortunately. Cuz I ain't no coder baby;) Just go in there when need to clean things up. It just feels strange that it's such a hassle for my iMac to render things in Dreamweaver while handling task quite ok-ish with heavy images in Photoshop.
Do you think it's a problem of memory card?
Grateful for tips and suggestions, as always:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Dreamweaver generally is a sluggish program. You wouldn't thing editing web pages should be so intensive, but I feel that DM can be very unresponsive, especially if you consider it is dealing with simple stuff like CSS, html and lo res images.

IMO, DM, while a great program, needs to have a fresh rewrite to make the code leaner and make sure it works well on the latest OSes. Bear in miond that it was originally developed by a small company, bought and developed by Macromedia, then bought up by Adobe. With all those developers is really needs a fresh clean rewrite

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.