Cell phone interference?

Reaction score
Hi, I've been having some weird stuff going on with my relatively new iMac, but this was a new one. I answered my cell and all of a sudden there was this weird *chattering* sound. It stopped when I hung up. Could the cell have somehow interfered? Although I've been on the cell and the iMac many times.

I searched, however didn't find anything related, apologies if this has been asked before.

I do know I have to get the computer into the Apple Store, for several issues, but have been procrastinating as the nearest store isn't too close. I need to get our MB set up first as I have a small home biz and really can't be without it for long.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Jennifer

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Probably a coincidence. Cell phones do not normally interfere with airport wireless. It's possible that a cordless phone operating at around 2.4 GHZ can cause interference but not a cell phone.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep, just have to get it in the store. Several other problems as well, sigh. Take care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.