Restarts out ow nowhere

Reaction score
Hey,

I've had my MBP for about 1 year now. So far, no issues, unless you count 4 or 5 kernel panics (some resolved with one reboot, some resolved with 2, 3 consecutive reboots). The first one was caused by Limewire, the others were caused by Firefox, and Minefield (tweaked Firefox), but the latest was caused by kextd (a process that deals with the kernel itself). I must note that these 5 panics were rare at the beginning, but they seem to happen one after another now. The first one was around 5 months ago, while the last 3 in the past month or so.

Last time this happened, when I got back into Mac OS X, I checked the temp inside the MBP, to find out that the CPU was 70 degrees Celsius and the GPU a bit higher.

The MBP is 99% of the time on hard wooden furniture with nothing between its aluminium case and the furniture. The exhausts :)D) are also clear, nothing blocks them.

Any ideas why this happens?

OP
W
Reaction score
I should not have posted this topic. The MBP is not ****** off.
One more restart, caused this time by BootCacheControl. CPU is 62 degrees while GPU is at 72.

Help ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.