Mac Displays?

M

MacMini27

Im gonna make the switch over to MAC, from PC now, gonna see how the mac mini is.
My question is What kind of monitors will work with macs? Can I just get a LCD at bestbuy that windows computers use, or does it have to be MAC compatable? I was gonna trade my pc in at a local PC shop for like a 20 inch LCD, and wanted to make sure before I did....
Also, there is no way I can afford to throw a gig in that thing when I get it it would raise the price up almost $450.00!!!!!!!!!!, why do they charge so much for memory?
Will 512 be enough for email, internet, and word processing and Itunes , and all that cool apple software?
I realy appriciate you taking time to answer a MAC noobs questions ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
most displays will work, as long as its the right connection type, or you can use an adapter. as far as ram, 512 is good for the things you listed. dont forget youll also have to buy a kb and mouse, the price just dropped a few days ago, theyre now only $29 each.

OP
M

MacMini27

Hey cool, ya Ill pic up one of the keyboard and mouse to....
Thanks a bunch....
Oh BTW what kind connections do I look for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
from apple:
DVI output; VGA output (adapter included)
so dvi or vga connection. look at the back
specstop20050111.jpg

OP
M

MacMini27

Oh ok, so either way I win, I can get a DVI LCD, or get a analog one, cause it comes with a adapter....
Thanks for your help man...
Apple just won over a new recruit!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get rid of Windows for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
M

MacMini27

mynameis said:
If you get an LCD just make sure it is DVI, it does make a difference.

Ya, I will, Im trading in a Home built,Athlon 2500+, 160 gig seagate HDD, nvidia Geforece FX 5900XT, dvd, cdrw, 1 gig of 3200 ddr ram,, sound blaster audigy 2, sony 17" trinitron, for a new monitor for my new macmini :bone: , hopefuly I can get a decent one....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.