How can I tranfer files between a dead Macbook and a working one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD
So my old macbook is basically fried due to water damage (no lectures please, I learned my lesson) and I need to get files off the hard drive and put them onto my new Macbook. How can I do this without being able to turn my old macbook on? Please tell me there is a way and that I'm not SOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook soon!
Pull the drive and see if she works

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD
can I connect the old drive to my new macbook externally? if so, how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Either a USB to sata adapter or a 2.5" enclosure (this would be the best option as you'll end up with an external backup drive for your trouble.

** not recommending either of the 2 suppliers linked above. Just added those from a quick google for illustration purposes

Reaction score
macbook re-use

Would you be willing to donate your fried macbook(minus the hard-drive to my educational cause? Since Apple moved to the Intel processor I would love to tear one of these babies apart to learn how to fix them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.