Do I need a new external HD for mac?

Reaction score
Just switched over and want to save mac files to my external. The one I used from my PC won't let me save to it. Which external HD should I get? How big?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Just switched over and want to save mac files to my external. The one I used from my PC won't let me save to it. Which external HD should I get? How big?

You could always move the data off the thing and reformat it. There are tons of external drives out there though. I'd check out newegg.com. They always have some good deals.

How big is really up to you. How much space do you think you need? I'd go with whatever was the best deal and what you can afford. It's always better to have more space than you think you'll need. But that's just me.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I'd be afraid to bring all the info over and format the old HD. I get so scared about losing information, and that process looks like I'd somehow make a mistake. I think I will check out the site you mentioned.

As for size, I have thousands of family pics, Word documents, and iTunes songs. There are some other files and Excel documents, but the pics and docs are the most important.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.