Safari Bug?

Reaction score
I have been using safari since i got my mac but yesterday it started playing up, it is fine on some sites like google but takes forvere to get onto facebook and aol, and when it finally loads up the html is all weird, but more often the operation times out

I tried putting firefox on and Im having the same problem
It is not my wireless as I tried on my pc and thats fine

has anyone got any ideas, is it a bug?
Ive emptied my cache
Do you think i need an update (im afriad of updates!)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Afraid or not, you really need to install of the current updates from Apple and any third-party software vendors whose products you use. These updates not only address operational issues, but they often correct security flaws, as well.

At least in my opinion, it is futile to try and troubleshoot a problem if your software installation is not fully updated, since an update may have already fixed the problem you are having.

As an example, recently, I was fighting an issue involving improper restart in Leopard after running Windows XP in Boot Camp. I finally narrowed it down to my Keyspan USB-to-Parallel/Serial adapter. Checking their website, they had a recent driver update for OS X. I installed this, and the restart problem went away. I didn't see anything in the release notes about my issue having been addressed by this new driver, but they apparently were aware of the problem and corrected it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.