MacBook Pro DVI to Component Video...

Reaction score
I have a new MacBook Pro, with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M chipset. The NVIDIA site says that it outputs a component analog signal:

"GeForce 8600M - Technical Specifications

Integrated HDTV encoder provides analog TV-output (Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i/1080p resolution"

However, the folks at Sewell say that the Macs don't implement this function (darn). I don't know if they know this for sure, because all they have experience with are the MacBook Pros with the ATI chipsets. So, I'm trying to find something that converts the DVI-Dual to Component Video for my HD television (with Component video input).

I want my Mac to output an HD signal to the TV, to achieve 720p or 1080i, on the TV.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks.

Reaction score
BUMP FOR ANSWERS PEOPLE!!! A lot of people have this question on a number of sites. Depending on if i have an ATi or a Geforce card in my MBP at home Im considering purchasing a DVI to Component cable. IF a component output is not supported, i will need to use another cable/monitor combo! The WOW expansion is mere weeks away and i need to get a monitor hooked up to my mac! SURELY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS THE IMPERATIVENESS OF THE SITUATION:Angry-Tongue: :Angry-Tongue: :Angry-Tongue: :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.