help me fix my macbook!

Reaction score
ok i have a black macbook that ive had for a year now works fine never had problems with it at all...... today i took pictures and connected my camera to it like i always do..... but it wouldent come up on my laptop, went to my dads imac and came up instantly..... i figured maybe a restart would help.... once i did that a black screen came up with bad calls and throttling..... i tried booting in safe mode nothing just stays now at grey screen with apple and loading circle..... i tried loading the mac cd's and hold the C button..... loads installs all the software untill it gets to the part where its checking the volumes for the new software...... i let ie sit for about 30 minutes and tells me to try installing again..... *** is up with my laptop..... any ideas?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
It sounds like the hard drive is dead but I could be wrong.

OP
P
Reaction score
god ****it after all this time i sure hope not cause that would suck...... im trying to install as i type this so we'll see what happens......
i will lose soooo many pictures and contacts if this is true

OP
P
Reaction score
ok update i took out the battery and noticed the l bracket screws were completly loose and the L bracket was movable could the hard drive not be pushed in all the way, could it have came loose on the connectors?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
ok update i took out the battery and noticed the l bracket screws were completly loose and the L bracket was movable could the hard drive not be pushed in all the way, could it have came loose on the connectors?

Why not just try pushing the HDD back in further?

OP
P
Reaction score
welp i just took out the hard drive and put it back in.... no luck..... think thats the problem?

edit : im trying to archive my old settings if that makes a difference? if it doesnt work in the next 2 trys im going to erase all and start from scratch.... **** this sucks

OP
P
Reaction score
well proabably last update i chose to erase EVERYTHING and start from scratch and it looks like its working.... its installing finnish language right now and i hope it works.... i lost ALOT of music and alot of pictures i probably wont replace..... is there any way at all to retrieve that stuff after what i did?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Depends on how you re-installed your OS. Did you do a clean install? That would mean you formatted the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.