Problems with Belkin Router and Wildblue

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got an issue.. Got a new Imac, and a Belkin N1 router. We live out in the middle of nowhere, so all we can get HS internet wise is Wildblue Satellite service..

Internet works fine, if I connect straight from the modem to the Imac. But when I connect the modem to the router, then a wired connection from the router to the Imac, I can't seem to get a connection to the net.

I have upgraded the firmware on the router. I get an IP from the router, and it says I'm connected, but that's it. Safari connection times out.

There is no security at all set on the router yet, and it can't be the cable. I also connected wirelessly to the network, but have the same problem when trying to access the net.

Is there something in Leopard that I need to configure to make this work? Anything else that I should try before I try a different router? I have reset it back to default settings. I have messed with this thing for hours now..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.