New to Mac - Word won't work in Office 2008

Reaction score
Hi all

I installed Office 2008 a few months ago on my new imac - all the applications worked fine but now, 'Word' won't open at all :( - when I click on it a question mark appears over the icon. I have lost the disk also, so i can't try to re-install. As this is my first mac i haven't any idea what i need to do to to make it work!

Any help greatly received!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook (Intel)
I would contact MS or Apple. Try to get a new disc from MS, hopefully you have proof of purchase...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you registered your copy of Office 2008 with Microsoft and you still have the product activation keys (should have three keys), give Microsoft Customer service a call and they will supply you with a new installation disk for a nominal cost plus shipping and handling.

If you didn't register and likewise lost the product activation keys, then you are out of luck and will have to purchase another copy.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.