• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who Remembers Bob Ross?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Remember that crazy painter from the 80's? I always make references to him, but people have seem to have forgotten him...Can't forget about him painting "Happy trees" right in the middle of the painting and ruining it haha.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I know him. He was cool. He always does huge trees in his paintings.

Reaction score
Bob Ross is (was) the man. My friend got me a t-shirt with his face on it, and it usually gets a few comments when I wear it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
We used to watch Bob Ross every Saturday morning in College.. I won't tell you what we were doing while watching Bob... but it brings back some happy little tree memories :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
We used to watch Bob Ross every Saturday morning in College.. I won't tell you what we were doing while watching Bob... but it brings back some happy little tree memories :D

Lol. I know exactly where this is going, and I'm losing my crap just thinking about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Lol. I know exactly where this is going, and I'm losing my crap just thinking about it.
Oh yea, an apartment filled with art majors watching Bob Ross... fun times.. fun times..

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, you couldn't be an art major through the 80s-90s without knowing and loving (however ironic it seemed) bob ross.

rip bob. hope you're meandering through your happy trees, squirrels, clouds, mountains, etc.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
He seemed like he was the nicest guy in the world too...*sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I remember I was pretty young watching his shows on PBS. Id try to duplicate his happy trees while watching the show and fail miserably.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What I find interesting is that they still sell his brushes and paints in the art store that I visit often. They also sometimes have his videos running on some random TV in the corner with him doing his paintings. The videos are also for sale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
We don't forget him, it's just he usually seems a little off topic here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I remember him. I always kind of looked up to him actually. I always loved his personality and his attitude. He also had words of wisdom sometimes. I really like Bob, I'll usually sit down and watch him whenever they show one of his shows on TV, it is rare, but they do still broadcast them every once in a while.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know Bob Ross is amazing when my crazy mother even used to watch him and duplicate his paintings. We should clone him XD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Yea i agree we could clone him with Sarah Palin's Daughters, unborn child.

Reaction score
Bob Ross was amazing. I used to love watching his show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Bob Ross has a show?

Where was I?

Oh yeah, World of Warcraft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.