"Bad Blocks" MBP Running like junk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
My computer has been running like junk recently. It's approx. 4 months old so there is no reason for it. I bought TechTool Pro 4 because of a suggestion in the macworld magazine. IT's told me that I have "Bad blocks" and it means things can't be saved reliably in certain places... problem is... it isn't telling me how to fix this.

I mean my computer is running absolutely horrible. It won't open to things at once, it lagggggggs takes forever to load anything. I need help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
It sounds to me like the hard drive may be faulty. blocks often refer to spaces on the hard drive for storing information. Also, if it isn't reliably saving files then that is also another pointer to the hard rive. Lagging can also be cause by a faulty hard drive. If it's only 4 months old, bring it back to apple and let them know of the problem.

mel

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Crap :( I was hoping I could get out of doing that. Well thanks for the info I guess I'll be forced to see what they can do about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.