Waterproof your iPod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ok my friend was wishing for a waterproof iPod when he came across this company:

http://www.h2oaudio.com/products/iminisv.php

If I had a mini I would definitely look into it! They do have modles for my 3G 30Gig iPod, but Im sorry.. Im not going swimming, surfing, wakeboarding with that sucker.. probably not even snowboarding :)

I did email them about the iPod shuffle though to find out a release date on that.. now that.. I would be extremely tempted to purchase!

Very kewl products!

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If anybody has one of these and would like to post a review I would love to hear it. And if anybody would be interested in more pictures then the ones they have on their site, I can get some more from the company.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok so am I the only one interested in waterproofing my iPod? I thought we would have a good discussion on this.. yet Im the only one that has posted! :)

I

iPodMiniLover

Yeah, I'm getting an iPod shuffle and that would be awesome to waterproof it!!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
You know, my iPod shocks me when I touch the back of it and its plugged in... I don't think I'd trust it underwater.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Serious Absolute Zero? Man I think you live next to a nuclear reactor or something.. it screws up all your hardware!

waterproof an iBook... now that would be interesting :)

I would hope that their prices were a bit better for the iPod shuffle case though, since it is quite a bit smaller.. Very sweet product though.. I would definitely use it for swimming.. swimming is so boring, yet great for you.. add a bit of music.. oh yeah baby! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I'm dead serious. I may take it to Apple, because that can't be normal. It also makes my headphones buzz when I touch it and listen to my headphones with noise canceling on. It's odd.

G

Gar

definitely doesnt sound normal!
i surf and always wanted to have my mini waterproofed but now tht i can,well,ive thought about it and i think it would actually ruin the serenity of being out in the ocean
[waits for flames].........

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could stick on some music of waves :) j/k Swimming would still be my choice of use.

G

Gar

i can definitely see how it would help with swimming. its just the same over and over again up and down the same stretch. even jogging you can look around. and to agree with you once again swimming is so good for you.
one reason i would definitely waterproof my i book is so i could use it in the bathtub. id never get out!
[/waits for flames] (dam* my programming nature,unclosed tags would keep me awake at night!)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
in the bath would be interesting *hehe* If their price comes down for the iPod shuffle case and I actually have an iPod shuffle.. Im very seriously thinking about getting one. My wife will probably want one also.. hmm.. it's getting more expensive already :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
For what it's worth I have read a review on this waterproof enclosure and the author found its performance lackluster. I can't find the link to the article I read (it was on the sign in screen of my Comcast account so I can't remember where it was actually published) but the author found that the case leaked slightly when fully submerged. Acording to the author this was only small droplets, not enough to damage the iPod, but it's worth noting. The author did say, however, that the waterproof case worked very well when snowboarding. If I can find the link to the article I post it up for you.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think iPodlounge tested the case and wrote the review... or was that the Lilipod case?

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would love to see a couple reviews, I would be interested to see what they say.

I

irishllama

Phiber said:
I'd like to waterproof my iBook. ;)

Ok. My Tutorial on waterproofing a iBook

Materials needed.
1.Duck tape
2.2 Clear garbage bag's
3.Rubber band's
4. Epoxy

Step 1.
Put iBook in garbage bag's.
Make it all nice and tight.
Duck tape the open end's of bag's.
Rap rubber band's around opening of bag's.
Throw in pool to try out.
Drink epoxy for following this guide.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks I appreciate that link :) and welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
nice thing. underwater ipod. funky. :dive:

absolute 0, ur weird! :batman: there is always something wrong happening to u :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not weird, I'm just cursed. v_v

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.