How to export Aperture 2.1 library into iphoto 08?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Until recently I was an iphoto 08 user with a 10,0000 image library and decided to try Aperture 2.1. I exported the iphoto 08 library into aperture. I'm overwhelmed by Aperture and want to return to the simplicity of iphoto. My aperture library sits on an external drive.

If someone has an opinion on a different program that I should consider in lieu of either Aperture or iPhoto 08 please advise.

Please help! Thanks!!!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Correction

Actually, I want to move the entire iphoto library off the external drive and back onto my laptop so I can run iphoto and not have to attach the external drive.

So, I closed iphoto, went into finder, clicked iphoto library file on the external drive, and dragged it onto the iphoto folder in applications. This did not work.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
cant you just use
file --> 'add to library'
then select the photos of the external HDD?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I ended up doing is dragging the iphoto library from the external drive into the Pictures folder on the laptop. Then, as I opened iphoto I pressed the ALT key and selected the iphoto library. Everything worked fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.