Whats wrong with my macbook?

Reaction score
Whenever I close my macbook(sleep mod) I can hear the sound that it makes when you open it. BUt it's still close and in sleep mode.

Did I explain it well? :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whenever I close my macbook(sleep mod) I can hear the sound that it makes when you open it. BUt it's still close and in sleep mode. Did I explain it well? :D

When my MacBook wakes up I can hear the hard drive spin up for a very short time. Is that the sound you're hearing? Does it stop after awhile?

It may take awhile for the machine to sleep - it depends on how many applications you have open and the amount of memory you have. Everything is saved to memory (real and virtual) so that when your machine wakes up it returns you to exactly where you were before.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
When my MacBook wakes up I can hear the hard drive spin up for a very short time. Is that the sound you're hearing? Does it stop after awhile?

Yup! that's the sound I hear. It does stop for a while then it spins again and again. The lid is of and it's on sleep mode. So what I do is I just turn it off completely. It's a bit annoying tho. What do you think's the problem?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Do you have anything connected via USB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
is it all the time or not, mine does it for about a 60 seconds while it writes the image from the ram to the HDD. after that though the little light starts blinking and it quietens down.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Yeah mine done this all the time too - since buying a new battery I haven't noticed it happening so that looks like a potential cure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.