Is my iBook G4 worth fixing?

Reaction score
I've got an iBook G4 which was my first Mac. I purchased it a few months ago as an entry level system to see if I wanted to splurge for a Macbook Pro down the road. It worked great, was much better than any PC I ever had, etc etc.

Unfortunately, lately it's started to crash and get stuck on that blue screen when I log in. I couldn't figure out what the problem was but eventually I realized that it was the overheating---I found this out when after I put some ice under it (no joke) it worked fine for about an hour or so...before the ice melted and it froze up again. Basically, whenever it is anything other than room temperature, it locks up. I have no clue what the actual problem could be, but I'm trying to figure out if it is worth fixing. has anyone had this problem, and do they know the money range for what it's like to get it fixed, and whether or not it would even be worth it? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well....
Are you good with pulling computers apart? It sounds like the cooling fan is no longer working and I wouldn't use it until you replace it because you could severely damage the motherboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.