• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Monthly Payments

Reaction score
i'm about to buy a macbook pro and want to pay with the monthly payment plans

so i was wondering if the amount months is until you finish paying it or is it until a specific time

also is there a percent interest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Of course there is interest. And usually the payments are for a specified period of time. I am sure that if you are purchasing online that you will have to digitally sign or agree to the terms (which will describe all of this); or if you are doing it in the store or on the phone they will have to describe them to you as well.

OP
K
Reaction score
thanx

thanx but i would also like to know

how many months it is and

how much percent interest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
thanx but i would also like to know

how many months it is and

how much percent interest
It'll depend on your credit and terms of your loan. It is a credit card you're applying for after all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
all of the terms are disclosed before you apply. you need to read the fine print thoroughly and understand it before applying for credit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Be careful with monthly payments, especially when they are a credit card. The interest will kill you. You may be better off going to your bank and getting an unsecured loan for the amount that you don't have up front, that way you are paying an interest rate that is much more reasonable and is compounded much less frequently. If you make the minimum payment on a credit card you will never pay it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Trust me, you don't want to go with the Juniper card, the interest rate on it is absolutely absurd. I was thinking of using it back when I was getting my Macbook, but after looking at the fine details, I said no way. I instead applied for an American Express card that had 15 months of no interest, so I used that and made sure I paid it off in that time frame.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Trust me, you don't want to go with the Juniper card, the interest rate on it is absolutely absurd. I was thinking of using it back when I was getting my Macbook, but after looking at the fine details, I said no way. I instead applied for an American Express card that had 15 months of no interest, so I used that and made sure I paid it off in that time frame.

I got a deal on the Juniper card, 3 months with no interest, which was enough time for me to pay it off. But, yes, I agree, after those 3 months the interest was ridiculous!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Those payment estimates you see on Apple's site are typically based on minimum payments with a term that usually exceeds the useful life of the computer. I personally would not finance a computer I couldn't pay off in just a few months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Do what I did...

I got my MacBook from Best Buy shortly after Christmas. They were having a special -- two years of interest-free financing. Unfortunately, I got in a day after the offer expired. :(

Fortunately, they had just started an 18-month interest-free financing thing. :) [They very frequently have specials like that.]

I put down some cash I'd gotten for Christmas, a little bit of extra spending money I had from my last paycheck, and put the rest on my wife's Best Buy credit card. Got the MacBook and an extended service plan.

Minimum payments are $10 a month. I've been putting down at least $100, except last month I only put down $10 because of a very brief financial crisis (basically, due to wacky circumstances, my wife wasn't going to get paid during the month of September). As of now, I have maybe $300 left before it's paid in full, and not a cent of interest. :)

(Aaaaaand...not to mention that the money I put down on it at first was actually on my Visa check card, so that gave me a couple thousand Visa Extras points, plus the Best Buy Reward Zone thing...pretty sweet deal, if you ask me...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
The interest was going to eat me alive so I paid cash - one easy payment. I'm actually surprised they accepted it there because there was a big sign saying: NO $100 BILLS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Heh...maybe whoever took your money realized that the "NO $100 BILLS" policy is illegal. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.