Wrath of the Lich King !

Reaction score
Hi there. I play World of Warcraft and my mac handles it quite well.
But soon the new expansion is comming out with better graphics and
am wondering if my mac will handle it then. Here are my currents
speccs.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

I dont know if i need to show you any other speccs. Atm am upgrading
my memory but will that affect the perfomance of the game ?
And i suppose the main thing i need to upgrade for a game is the
Graphics Card. So what do you think ? I need to change for the new expansion or not ?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I think you'll be fine. The spec of my iMac G5 PPC has lesser specs than yours, and my plays WoW just fine. I also play the Wrath of the Lich King beta on my iMac G5 PPC, and while the graphics are noticeably better, I still don't notice any performance issues thus far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
You play beta?

/angry

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
/grin

When I'm bored, I make a new Deathknight of a different race and see how fast I can level it out of the Deathknight starting area. I know all the DK quests by heart now. O:)

OP
D
Reaction score
i play beta aswell and i have problems in Dalaran like i have in shattrath and other major towns. My internet connection is good so thats not the prob.

And i was playing on beta with all video effects to the lowest.
So thats why it worries me.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would this happen to be on the Murmur server? I brought this issue up with a guildmate of mine. But he said that if you are on the Murmur server, there are tons of people who made their premade characters on there. However, he leveled his character on a different server, and Daralan was not bad at all. I've taken my premade character on Murmur to different places around Azeroth, Outlands, and Northrend. But Daralan was the only place that I had trouble. The last time I was in Daralan, you couldn't read the chat for 3 minutes without someone complaining about the lag there.

OP
D
Reaction score
So i guess i need to upgrade my graphics aswell , am between lowest and recomended. And am on Coldarra.
And with what Graphics card can i upgrade my current one NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT,
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata
I just popped another stick of mem in my mbp 2.5. I'm ready woo!! Although I really don't need the expansion yet seeing how I'm only a level 34, but it can't hurt.

And how about the zombie infestation this week. It was fun the first day and a half but now it is just plain annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I just popped another stick of mem in my mbp 2.5. I'm ready woo!! Although I really don't need the expansion yet seeing how I'm only a level 34, but it can't hurt.

And how about the zombie infestation this week. It was fun the first day and a half but now it is just plain annoying.

This is the understatement of the year! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.