Gmail account very slow to send.

Reaction score
I'm using Macmail and have set up a gmail account. Everything technically works fine, it sends and receives mail, the problem is, when I try to send something it seems to take forever. The little grey things keep spinning by the send menu and it doesn't seem to catch, for lack of a better word.
I'm using a wireless router but other than this the speed and connection strength are great so I'm confused.
Any idea how to fix this, Outlook on my PC seemed much snappier.
Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm not sure this will be helpfull but... My Gmail account is the fastest of my three (Hotmail an me.com) that I use with Macmail.

Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

In the advanced settings: Port 995 with tha SSL box checked adn select password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24"
Same problem

I just switched my brother-in-law to Gmail so he could go from Pop to IMAP. He is having the exact same issue. It seems to take forever for the mail.app to send out the email. Did you ever find a solution/cause?

Reaction score
While Gmail can be slow once in a while, it is generally quite fast. I don't use it through Apple mail but it directly connects to my isp account to retrieve mail, or lately, I've been changing my email address so that it all goes directly to Gmail. Point is, it sounds like the problem is in the Apple mail end of things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.