Alesis D5 with Garageband

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook. 2.4 Duo 4gb Ram 250gb HD . Ipod, Ipod shuffle.
Looking for a how to for my Alesis dm5 pro kit through a midi to usb with garage band.
Software installed and recognized my my macbook. Garageband recognizes one midi device connected in preferences. When I start a new real instrument track I only see built in mic or stereo inputs.

Thanks

OP
Seastud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update.
I can get the signal to garageband. In the blue timer on the bottom of garageband I get a blue light when I hit a trigger but I can't get it to play in a real instrument track. I know I'm missing something I just don't know what:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
It won't play as a real instrument track like that, only as a Midi (or virtual) instrument. If you want it to play the sounds that your D5 makes, you have run a line in to your sound card from the stereo out. When you use it like you are it will trigger midi events just like a midi keyboard does.

OP
Seastud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool thanks.
Just gave it a try and worked flawlessly.
God I love Mac. That would never have been this easy on my old PC.
From now on I'll just have to try out how I would do it if I made the gear. So far that's the way Mac as been for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.