Airport worked, now it doesn't?

Reaction score
So I purchased my MacBook about a month or so ago and when I got it, AirPort worked fine; now it doesn't detect networks when it defintely should, and when I do get lucky and it detects it for two seconds, it asks me for a password when there is no password.

Should I take the airport card and put it back in? It reads that it's in there correctly and displays all the information. Any help is appreciated because this is getting annoying now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can not remove the airport card and put it back in. Your MacBook is not a desktop PC.

Has anything been changed lately? New router? New provider? Updates? New location? Can you get on the NET using an ethernet cable?

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, I have actually changed locations but it doesn't work at home or at college and yeah, I can get onto the internet through an ethernet cable.

OP
E
Reaction score
Here's a pic if it helps:

picture1iy6.png

Reason why isp, internet, and server are green is because I'm hooked up via ethernet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.