PowerBook battery question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I have g4 PowerBook about a month old, since i got it the battery would stop charging at 99%. Well tonight that changed from 99% to 97%, why is it that the battery does not charge to 100%? Is there something wrong with it or am I doing something wrong? Im relatively new to macs a few months or so but I find this odd because I had purchased a used G3 iBook before I got this PowerBook and that battery would charge to 100% and stop. Thanks for your help fellas CJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you calibrated your battery?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
nope, how do i do i calibrate my battery?

G

guerom00

Every 2 weeks or so, you have to unplug your PowerBook, let the battery die and then charge it to the max. This is calibration :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
oh ya i let it die down to 0% till it went into sleep mode then let it charge up again, did that like a week ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
it's very normal for you powerbook to say that it isn't at 100%. if you do a search about it, you'll find a different thread where there was this big discussion about it; wasn't too long ago.. i think... but yah.. it's ok.

EY

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is a little bit from what I read a long time ago. First you can only recharge your battery so many times before the battery dies. So it is better to do many little charges that the big charge that will cut down the battery life.

So for me every once in a while I will let my battery get down to about 45% before I charge it up. I normally don't let it get below 60%. The major of the time if I am near an outlet then my system is plugged up. If I am going any video work I am plugged in.

I have two batteries I have been using since 2001. Also on a side note. In some cases if the battery is not less than 94-95% you will not be able to get a full charge, until it falls below that the 94%. I have found this to be true on my work thinkpad.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Cool Thanks for the help everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.