iweb website address

Reaction score
Hello there! i am new to this forum and also new to iweb! i am in the process of designing a simple website and launching it soon. i see myself as pretty computer saavy, just one issue:

is there a way we can customize our website address? i do not want it to have the web.mac.com/abc123 on it but would just like my web addy to be abc123.com. Can we make this happen and how?

Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Most domain registrars will allow you to specify a "landing page" for your domain, so if you tell your domain to point to "web.mac.com/abc123", people can enter "abc123.com" and they'll see your page.

Apple also offer a way to do this in your mobileme preferences if I'm not mistaken...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
There are a couple different ways you could go about doing this. One is buy the domain name you want then turn on forwarding. The other way is change the cname, for directions look here, iWeb FAQ - Tutorials, Tips & Tricks

This is all assuming you are using .me. Otherwise you have to publish to a folder then upload your site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.