Gaps in Macbook Top Case??

Reaction score
I've been reading too much about cracks in the Macbook's top cases, so i was examining mine a few days ago. I saw no cracks, but I did notice a small gap between the top case and the rest of the macbook casing. Is this a common cosmetic issue? Do you think that Apple will replace the top case for me? (I bought my MB about 2 months ago). I read a Wiki article on known MB issues, and it states that Apple will not replace the top case in this situation. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook soon!
Best thing to do is take it to a Apple store and see what they say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I highly doubt they would replace the whole casing for a little cosmetic issue like that. I know of more than a few MBP with some gapping and Apple's response is that it is normal and does not effect the machine's functioning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Depends on where the gaps are....best advice is to take it in to an Apple Store and see what they say.

I have no gaps on my Blackbook (or my wife's white Macbook), but there is a teeny tiny bit of clearance between the top-case and bottom-case, on the front-right (above the Infrared sensor).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.