Word 2008 Spacing Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I copied and pasted some text over from a PDF. This PDF block of text, however, screwed up the double spacing between it and my own original typing. By screwed up, I mean it's compacted the space between the text to neither double space nor 1.5 space. It's somewhere in between.

I adjusted the double spacing, tabbing, etc. but nothing seems to work. Sounds complicated, I know, but there's gotta be an easy fix.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Did you try highlighting what you want to change and then going to "Format" and then to "Paragraph" to change the line spacing?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Did you try highlighting what you want to change and then going to "Format" and then to "Paragraph" to change the line spacing?

Yep.

I know I could fix it by typing out the PDF text myself...but, of course, that's too time consuming. The spacing will adjust itself if I delete this copy/pasted block of text.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have u tried pasting that block of text into text edit and then back into word?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.